The cost of holding a party for children is growing more and more each year. It involves a great deal of time and money for the setting up and completing of the party. So instead of the worry about how to keep the little ones entertained why not go for a popular approach and consider booking a magician to entertain them at the party. Having a magician for a childrens party is an excellent addition to ensure they are kept entertained throughout.
A magician is the traditional way to entertain the little ones when it comes to hosting a Birthday Party. Booking a magician to provide entertainment for your child's Birthday Party is excellent, especially if your child is interested in magic. A good magician you hire to perform at a Birthday Party or any event will also provide balloon modelling and party games as extra party ideas for the children to keep them entertained and Derby Childrens entertainer Stuart Brown is a great choice.
With many years of experience Magic Stuart can provide the ideal magic and entertainment show for your child's party.
Fees vary a lot for childrens party entertainment but just like other services and products, you get what you pay for. If you are shopping around for a magician or entertainer then going with the cheapest may not be the best option!
Ask yourself if you really are getting a better deal by going cheap. Don't forget that a cheap entertainer won't provide music, party games, balloons, prizes and giveaways. You may have to provide these yourself or even book another entertainer to do the music and the games which ends up costing more. A professional children's entertainer and magician like Stuart will provide what is called the Full Party option where everything is taken care of and all you have to do is the food.
So, how do you know someone is a professional? After all, anyone can say they are but what can you do to check that it's true?
1) Check the magician's website and/ or printed promotional materials. These days, magicians often rely on a website to provide information to prospective clients because it is so easy to keep a website up to date. Of course, this doesn't make them a great magician but it does indicate their professionalism. It can also give you an idea of what a performer is like if you haven't seen them.
2) Check that the magician is a member of a recognised society such as Equity. These societies require magicians to be serious and accomplished performers and is the UK performers union.
3) Is the magician CRB checked. The CRB is an Executive Agency of the Home Office set-up to help organisations make safer recruitment decisions for adults who work with children.
4) Check that the magician has full public liability insurance. This is very important! The magician will be covered for any accidents that could happen.
5) Has the entertainer had all their electrical equipment 'PAT' tested. This is a trade term for the safety checking for any electrical equipment used in a show. This testing is a legal requirement and insurance companies will not pay out if this has not been carried out and any accidents happen. This is also true for any public liability claims. It is always best to be safe than sorry.
Magic Stuart has all of the above.